Thursday, May 7, 2015

Goal Update: Halfway Done

I feel like I should preface this by saying that I've never in my life been much of a goal setter or achiever.  I mean, if you don't SET goals you will likely not achieve them.  Duh.  I was inspired by a dear friend of mine to set goals and achieve the a few years back.  I have also been disciplined with my Mary Kay training to set goals and dreams for myself.  Goals are dreams with a deadline... and dreams, are just that, dreams.

Goals for 2015.

  1. Lose the last bit of baby weight and keep it off this year, possibly forever.
    My body has been in a constant up and down lbs. battle since mid 2009.  Pregnancy, baby, pregnancy, baby, weight loss, baby, better weight.... to be continued.

    I am slowly but surely working on this one.  I do technically have about 10 lbs to go to get to my 'prebaby/husband' weight.  I am about 99% sure that if I actually made time to exercise regularly, I would lose those last few lbs.  Summer schedule includes early workouts so that I can do that.
  2. Declutter the house, one room at a time.
    Now that we have reached the 'last baby' stage I feel like we will be able to gradually remove things that are no longer being saved for 'later.'  I will also be able to remove my 5-6 size range wardrobe and focus on a smaller selection of clothing.  Advocare and exercise will help.

    Declutter Cochran Casa has begun.  We are gradually working through each room.  This summer the focus will be the kids rooms and closets!  Also, my closet.  Yikes.
  3. Finish decorating the living room, buy new couches/chairs, and paint that room.
    Finally.  We have lived there for almost 3 years.... long enough to have painted the rooms.

    Painted the front entry and bathroom.  Done with the girls' room.  Working on living room completion as well.  Planning to paint the rest of the front entry and living room this summer.  I cannot WAIT to brighten up that room!  
  4. Become a Mary Kay sales director by April.
    This will require multiple steps, but it is a goal... with a deadline.  And that deadline opens up so many other doors that I can barely stand it.

    Not in a director suit, but actively recruiting and building my team.  I will be seeing an aubergine suit this fall.  I am CERTAIN of it.
  5. Organize my home office and my 'room' at the house.
    The craft room/office/crap room needs a face lift.

    Yeah, still working on this goal.  I plan to do some summer cleaning and move things to the basement so that my office can move out of my dining room into the craft/crap room.
  6. PLANT FLOWERS AND VEGETABLES.
  7. I want to unplug myself once a month for a whole weekend and just be Carrie the mom, the wife, the cook, the cleaner, the house keeper.... and not respond to calls or texts or emails or any social networks.
    I feel like doing that in spurts makes me rely on that a lot less to entertain myself.  I look forward to it.

    Planted a LOT of flowers and bulbs this spring.  I have so much fun planting things.  Truly love that part of being a homeowner.
  8. Disney fund growth.
    Deposit a consistent amount monthly into the account for our 2016 trip.  :)  I'm hoping for a February or Spring Break trip!

    Disney fund hasn't grown at all.  But debt payoff has been fierce.  I know that Disney will come easier once debt is gone.  Shooting for a Christmas with Mickey trip in December!
  9. Establish a fitness routine that I can maintain with my mommy lifestyle.
    I am 100% certain this will mean me buying a treadmill or something before it happens because I'm not going to the gym.  I am also 100% sure this means I will be exercising in the early morning hours because that is the best time for me.

    Summer 2k15 will be the first time the exercise has happened regularly.
  10. Actually complete tasks I start.

    Done.  Starting to be more diligent about completing things.  Life skills people.  Life skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment