Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Turkey Day

I don't know how professional photographers manage to get cooperative family shots.  We manage to get most shots that look like this one.  Nobody is even looking normal or even ready to get their picture made...  We are just trying to get the majority of the people situated and  pointed in the general area of the actual camera.  Yes, it was cold.  Yes, it was complicated.  
I don't know ANY family who is NOT complicated....
And even though it is complicated, and difficult and challenging.... these are still my favorite people.  At the end of the day they matter most.  They impact and shape my future and they made me who I am because of years past.  They grow and change as our family does and I so enjoy their presence at each holiday gathering.  Though complicated and difficult, it is my family and I love it.
Take 27.
Perfectly imperfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment